Discover what to see near our hotel

Alba Fucens

The archaeological area of Alba Fucens is known as "Little Rome." Located about 25 km away in the municipality of Massa d'Albe, the ruins of Alba Fucens are one of Abruzzo's most beautiful and important archaeological jewels. Founded by the Roman Empire around 303 B.C. north of the ancient Lake Fucino, today it is a destination for archaeology enthusiasts, historians, schoolchildren and especially the curious, who reach it to admire above all the Roman amphitheater dating back to the first century B.C., the Sanctuary of Hercules, the Street of the Pillars and the Church of St. Peter, on which stood the Temple of Apollo.

Tower of Stars - Aielli

A few kilometers away is one of the symbols of Aielli, an authentic village that has made the historic center an international attraction, the medieval tower also called the "Tower of Stars." Circular in shape and located on the highest point of the village, it was an integral part of an ancient fortification dating back to the 13th century AD. Today, in addition to being a vantage point where one can admire the surrounding landscape, it is home to the astronomical observatory, the "Museum of the Sky " and a scientific library numbering more than 500

Tour of the Murals - Aielli

Aielli's murals have become a landmark for street art lovers and curious people from all over the world, who come to the Marsican village to admire its colorful corners and take a few selfies. Every year in Aielli the mural tour is organized, an initiative that is part of "Borgo Universo ", an event that not only highlights the uniqueness of the drawings but also offers music, art and local gastronomy. Walking through the village of Aielli, one can come across some of the most famous and, above all, most photographed murals in Italy, the colorful mural by world-renowned artist Okuda San Miguel, and "Fontamara," a wonderful novel by Ignazio Silone transcribed, in full, on a wall located near the Torre delle Stelle.

Piccolomini Castle

The Piccolomini Castle of Celano is the symbol of the City, the most obvious sign of the ancient medieval fortification. Construction work on the keep began around 1392 at the behest of Pietro Berardi, Count of Celano, a member of one of the most powerful families of the time. But it was Antonio Todeschini-Piccolomini, nephew of Pope Pius, who carried on the work until 1463, when he finished the splendid and monumental work. Built initially with the layout and purpose of a defensive structure, it was soon transformed into a noble residence that simultaneously blends the beauty of medieval and Renaissance elements.

After the important Piccolomini family, the castle passed through the hands of various noble coats of arms until 1938, when the state declared it a National Monument.